Just 70 km (40 miles) northwest of Saigon, the Cu Chi area resides at the end of the Ho Chi Minh Trail and served as the base from where Vietnamese guerilla soldier attacked Saigon. The fighters of Cu Chi took the war underground by developing a network of tunnels that stretched as far as Cambodia, which included: meeting rooms, kitchens and ventilation systems. These tunnels served as an effective network for engaging in guerilla warfare against U.S troops.
FREE CITY HOTEL PICK UP
* Drive approximately 1.5 hour to Cu Chi
* Watch a brief propaganda video
* Visit the various traps used during the war
* Enter and crawl through one of the tunnels
* Take a relaxing break at the end of the excursion, which includes tasting native Cu Chi tapioca
* Drive back to Saigon and drop at your hotel.